Nurses Celebrating Nurses
Recognizing young nurses for excellence in patient care and leadership in the maternal and newborn fields.
What is The Ally Award?
To honor our clients and the exceptional work they do, CCI has created The Ally Award. The goal of The Ally Award is to recognize outstanding young nurses in maternal and newborn care for their achievements and to offer support for their continuing education.
Awarded quarterly, one nurse will be chosen for The Ally Award for a total of 4 times each calendar year. We know that acknowledgment from colleagues bolsters the confidence of new nurses. So we invite healthcare providers to nominate a nurse who consistently demonstrates excellence in their practice.
What attributes does the ideal Ally Award recipient embody?
The Ally Award recipient exemplifies 4 qualities that we value at CCI:
- Trustworthiness - Builds trust with their colleagues and their patients through their everyday acts
- Helpfulness - Supports their team members and cares for their patients in a manner that stands above the crowd
- Knowledge - Stays current and vigilant with regard to best practices leading to improved outcomes for their patients
- Leadership - Exhibits the potential for a lasting career in the field and the initiative to improve the quality of their practice
Why focus on young nurses?
One way we can help our clients continue to provide superior care is by showing our support for the nurses of the future. To assist new nurses in achieving their full potential, we’re sponsoring a 1-year Full Membership to The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) for each Ally Award recipient.
Benefits of an AWHONN membership include these (and more):
- Resources, tools, and clinical training on key topics
- Helpfulness - Opportunities for networking and professional development
- Access to AWHONN’s Career Center and jobs board
- A monthly newsletter covering research and advances
Who is eligible for The Ally Award?
- Nominees must be a current unrestricted BSN actively practicing in the United States at time of nomination.
- Nominees must have 5 or less years of experience in maternal and newborn care.
- Nominees must be nominated by a fellow health care professional.
- Nominees must have a minimum education of a BSN but do not need to be certified.
- Nominees must not currently hold a full membership to The Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics, and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN).
- Previous recipients will not be eligible for nomination.
The Ally Award - Nurses celebrating nurses